Love is the spirit of this church, and service is its gift. This is our great covenant; to dwell together in peace, to seek the truth in love, and to help one another.
Need outreach from Lay Ministry, or wish to request help for someone else?
If you find yourself in need of lay ministry assistance, give Cyndie Mahaney a call or text – (281) 386-9762.
What We Do
Lay Ministry, part of our Congregational Life ministry, is an umbrella term for the many ways we provide one another support during life’s inevitable transitions. The Coordinator of Lay Ministry and the minister of the church oversee the efforts of Lay Ministry which include:
- Creating and distributing comfort shawls for people or families in transition, as well as graduation blankets for youth transition to young adulthood, and baby blankets for our newest community members.
- Arranging and providing material care during times of illness, recuperation, or in welcoming a new member of the family. This support can include food deliveries, rides, help with housework after a child arrives, crisis childcare, or other volunteer support.
- Visiting the homebound, hospitalized, or those in long-term care.
- Listening when you have something to talk through, are feeling alone, are facing a difficult decision, or otherwise need a compassionate ear.
Healthy Congregations Committee
How are we all doing?
The Healthy Congregation and Membership committees invites you to share your thoughts on how you and yours are holding up in these difficult times. Here’s what we’d like to know:
How are you?
Is there anything Northwoods can do for you?
Have you been able to participate in Zoom services and meetings?
Do you have any ideas that could help us connect?
Contact a Healthy Congregations Team member to share your thoughts:
Terry Meyer email@example.com
Ryan Hoffland firstname.lastname@example.org
Hallie Moore email@example.com
Pastoral Care Team
The Pastoral Care Team is a group of trained women and men who are available when you want someone to talk to. They will not try to “fix” the problem, but can provide deep listening and help you gain perspective on whatever you may be facing. The team has dealt with:
- Coping with long-term illness
- Grief issues
- Decisions about life or work transitions
- Other times in which presence, listening and understanding is the primary need.
Your Story is Sacred
Call upon our Pastoral Care Team whenever you feel that talking something out with someone would be helpful. Your story will be kept confidential, except in cases of mandatory reporting. With your permission, they may share some of your story with your minister or offer community referrals.
A Pastoral Care Team member can be called upon by contacting your minister, your Lay Ministry Coordinator, or by filling out the form on our website. It’s our privilege to hear you.
Appointments with Rev. Sarah
Do you find yourself needing support? Do you need to share your thoughts or feelings? Our Lay Ministry, Pastoral Care, and Healthy Congregations teams are here to help.Click here to learn more.
Need to schedule an online appointment with Rev. Sarah? The following appointments are available:
Program/Planning Session – 60 or 30 Minutes
Pastoral Care – 60 or 30 Minutes
Chat/Check-in – 15 Minutes