Arts in Action Returns!
Saturday, April 16, 2022
Doors open at 6:30pm
In just a few short weeks Arts In Action, one of the premier social events on the Northwoods calendar, will return from a 2-year hiatus. It is time for a rousing return to supporting charities that do the work of justice. We are excited to support three very deserving causes this year:
- Afghan Refugee Support: Northwoods is helping an Afghan family resettle in the United States.
- The New Mexico Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice: Assists women ineligible for abortions in Texas to travel to other states with better protection of women’s rights. To learn more about their work go to https://nmrcrc.org.
- Angel Reach: Assists youth aging out of the foster care system in transitioning to independent life. To learn more about their work, go to https://angelreach.org.
The Art Dash
We are providing an opportunity for you to claim your own very special work of art through the Art Dash—50 lucky participants will draw for the right to choose from works donated by NUUC artists and collectors. Art Dash tickets are $40 each and can be purchased through Auctria (see below) or at the Art Dash bourse table on Sundays. Proceeds from the ticket sales go to funding the Northwoods Social, Economic and Environmental Justice ministry.
How does the Art Dash work? It’s simple…
- Art Dash tickets are sold.
- Tickets numbers are randomly drawn the night of the event.
- When their ticket number is called, ticket holders can pick a work of art from the donated collection, valued at $50 or more.
Live and Silent Auctions
We will also be holding silent AND live auctions for a few very special works of art, so even if you miss out on getting an Art Dash ticket (please don’t!), you will have the opportunity to take art home.
Food and Entertainment
Northwoods’ finest musical and spoken word performers will get you in a generous mood through great entertainment.
We’ll have light snacks and non-alcoholic beverages for purchase to add to your enjoyment.
We are committed to offering child care at this event. Due to tightness in the labor market we can only promise to have child care available if we know it is needed in advance. If you would like to come and bring young ones needing care, please contact David Shontz (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Greg McDonnell (email@example.com) no later than *April 8*.
Donations and Art Dash Tickets
All credit card donations and payments will be handled through Auctria, the same system that was used to process Service Auction contributions. Auctria is available through the Apple and Android app stores, or through your browser at https://auctria.com. Use the code “2022artsinaction” to register for the event. Here’s the event link: auctria.events/2022artsinaction. Technical help will be available at the auction. We will also accept cash and check donations at the event.
Art Dash Tickets are on sale now!
*Attendance at Arts In Action is free*. Come on out and enjoy fine art and entertainment and support our partner charities at whatever level is right for you.