Compassionate Community, Spirited Searching, Courageous Actions.
We will be a place of transformation. We will transform our community through intentional inclusion, becoming stronger in our diversity. We will transform our world into a kind, humane and just place through our work outside these walls. We will ourselves be transformed by the work we do, the love we show to each other, and the spiritual challenges we set for ourselves.
Open to Possibility
COVENANTS TO EACH OTHER
In the spirit of affirming the dignity and human worth of all persons, and in our individual searches for truth and meaning, as congregants of Northwoods Unitarian Universalist Church, we make the following commitments to one another in the spirit of love:
We work to build community.
- We treat one another in a friendly, open, and welcoming manner.
- We participate in the life of the community, and give generously of ourselves and our resources.
- We actively listen to each other.
- We care for one another.
- We inspire others to participate in the life of the church and acknowledge their contributions.
We work toward open and respectful communication.
- We assume the best of others and treat them with courtesy, honesty, and good faith.
- We speak for ourselves alone.
- We discuss issues out in the open and avoid gossip.
- We nurture person-to-person and group-to-group relationships.
- We give and seek constructive feedback in our relationships with one another.
We accept responsibility to work constructively to maintain right relationships.
- We treat others with dignity and sensitivity even when in disagreement.
- We stay in the conversation, even when conflicts arise.
- We attempt to understand the perspective of the other even while in disagreement with that viewpoint.
- We seek common ground rather than dwell on differences and challenge ourselves to forgive past wrongs.
- We commit to working within those processes that have been developed to resolve conflict and keep our congregation healthy.
We begin each service by reciting this covenant:
Love is the spirit of this church,
and service its gift.
This is our great covenant:
to dwell together in peace,
to seek the truth in love,
and to help one another.
About US – Northwoods History
Read a summary of Northwoods history, from the organization of the church in 1979 to present.
We have Sunday service at 10:30 a.m. followed by varying activities to keep you connected. Join us in person or on Zoom.
Opportunities to Connect
During this time of social distancing we are working hard to find creative ways to stay connected. Click here to out more about staying together from a distance.
VISITORS WITH CHILDREN
Northwoods offers a dynamic online worship experience for children of all ages.